Saturday, October 1

So absurd!

Ok fellow blog readers, here is another one…
I can’t say enough how I hate the Mexican consulate in Chicago. As with many other government services you come to find how arrogant the people working there is. I have known this since the first time I needed their services, and since then I have gone back four times. I mean is not that I love the way they treat me, on the contrary but since I really needed their services there is nothing else I could do. Last Wednesday I went to get a Consular ID the usual, you have to go as early as you can because they open from 7 am to 2 pm. I got there at 7 am and there was a lot of people already in. After being in the first line (oh yeah first line, there are three) for about two hours and something to get to the front desk, when I presented my documents to the clerk because I needed to replace a lost ID. Well when I got to her she tells me “Fill these papers and then you have to go to the nearest police station and fill a formal lost ID report (police Report)” Oh my god!! After being there waiting in line for two hours! Could’ve someone tell me that before?? Then I had to go to the nearest police station (15 to 20 min distance {RUNNING!!!}) and fill up the report, come back and go to a short line again, then she tells me ok go to the other line and wait to be called…. (@!#$ %^&*) yeah, I had all of those words in my head. To make a long story short the whole process took me the whole morning! The sad part about this is that no matter who you are or what you know, no matter what part of Mexico you are coming from, when you need a service from them, don’t wait for the best costumer services experience, instead you are going to be treated like a cockroach waiting and waiting for a long time. And let me tell you that people there, man, they get a lot of money from us… peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey rolix
i haven't commented yet but i do really like your blog. if you have time sometime I would like to hear what you think about Mexican identity in the US, i mean, do people stay mexican? do they become medio-griguito? do they become an entirely different third category?
I am studying remesas ($ that immigrants send to Mexico) and I am curious about why people continue to send $$, what they use it for, and if they think this helps maintain connections to Mexico querido. What do you think? What kind of sacrifices do people make here and also there in order to immigrate?
Bueno, muchas preguntas!! Es que aprecio tus pensamientos :)
Te mando muchos besos desde el DeFectuoso!!!
Katie

Search