Friday, September 16

Mexican Independence Day...(TODAY)

Ok so I guess I owe to my country a little something for being our independence day. I am proud of being Gayxican (Gay Mexican) oh yes I am, but that doesn’t mean that I am going to lose respect for the flag like a lot of people does these days just because we are in another country. I remember back when I was in Mexico that around this festivity independence day was all about celebrating when we finally got free from the Spanish rule. There was fiesta, balloons, sombreros and rehiletes -shuttlecock, all with the green, white and red, our National Colors. That is the way we celebrated back there, but here (in Chicago) I see lots of cars with multiple flags all over the car (sometimes they are even bigger than the damn car), and kids from high school wearing flags in their pants back-pockets like any other bandana. I truly think that doing that shows how poor educated about our culture these kids are. Anyway, I do what I can I talk to the ones closer to me and show them (with respect) what it really means the MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY! If you want to know more about this Celebration go here: http://www.inside-mexico.com/featureindep.htm
VIVA MEXICO!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que viva Mexico.. carajo!! como diriamos en mi pais :)

Anonymous said...

You're so right Rolo, someone needs to educate this people about Mexican Story because they need to stop doing that...I can't stand people acting like crazy around Chicago just waisting time, making traffic and putting the Mexican name by the floor. Oh well I really miss Mexico but I will be there in only 3months I'm waiting for that time to be here.

Search