Monday, September 19

Family after all...

After 4 weeks of living with my cousin I though I was going to hate him for the rest of my life. You know, after repeatedly mentioning how fat I was and trying to make me remember I should get on a diet. I was so sure I was going to be happy when the time for him to go back came; but on the contrary, I feel that a part of me is leaving. Not all was fighting and stuff but we also share some moments of crazy happiness telling stories of when we were kids, the kind of music we used to sang, the games we used to play (after all it was 8 years without seeing him), and many more moments we had together. I guess is just a way of the human race to recognize family no matter how different we are from each other, in other words, even if he is freaking driving me crazy with the diet stuff I still love him very much. Now that I face the fact that he is leaving tomorrow I wish I would’ve been just a little bit more tolerant and spend a little more time with him. (I know what you are thinking) “Uno no sabe lo que tiene, hasta que lo ve perdido”, “you never know what you have, until it is no more by your side”. But oh well, I just hope that comes back someday and I know this time I’ll be more tolerant of his ways! :-) Peace…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rolo:

Yes, you are very fortunate to have had time to spend time with your cousin. Family is precious, and many people share your same feelings so try not to ne so hard on yourself. I hope the two of you will share time again in the near future and I feel your counsins' visit here with you and friends was more enjoyable because of the extra effort on your part so he could go back and forth.
I've enjoyed reading your daily posts. Take care, and enjoy the weekend!

Lynda

Anonymous said...

Well what I can say about, I had a bad experience when my cousin came to Chicago and oh well was a drama, and at this time we haven't talk to each other, I think you're so lucky because whatever happened with your cousing you still talking to him and I don't.

Search