Tuesday, September 13

Important decisions


thinking
Posted by Picasa

Well today I have come to see, let me put it in other words I have wakened up to the fact that life for me is changing really rapidly. We have to take important decisions in our lives and depending on those decisions is where we will be standing in the future. (I know I don’t have to tell you this because you already now it) but what if you don’t? What if you think that future for you is going to be always bright and nice? Well in that case then you need an emergency wake up call!! (Hellooooo)
I am reconsidering a change in my career, some of you might know that work in the non for profit world can be a little bit insecure and that’s basically just because most of the money (Funding) comes from the government, Foundations, and donations. The program that I am running at Centro Romero depends 100% of Federal funding. That said I have to deal with the fact that sometimes the money gets cut off and my Full-time employment with them becomes a Part-time position leaving me of course with less money. Please don’t get me wrong, it really is not about the money but the love to the work I do for the community, but money is necessary for the every day life. Besides, paying $45 for gas every 3 or 4 days can be pretty painful. For those of you who don’t know, I run an HIV Education Program for Latinos in the north side of Chicago. Now I am thinking in getting trained, or get some kind of degree or something in computers. I love working with computers and one of my hobbies is building or fixing them. So because I think that the technology field has a better and more secure future it would be a good idea to do it. The next step now is to register for a class and see what options I have… I’ll let you know of updates on this…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! education is always important and can make a big difference!! .. Look at me I finished my degree and a month later.. still looking for a job!! :( haha
no.. but it is important, i am still trying to convince myself it was worth it..

Anonymous said...

Hello Rolo and everyone who reads this short sentences.

Well Rolo you have your own life in your hands,I think never is late to go back to school...by best wishes for you in your career because you're a nice friend, I always admire people who likes to succed in this life, at this time of my life sometime I'm getting tired of being working a full-time and a part-time job, but its necesarily sometimes, but I still thinking to go back to schoo and do my best to get my career completed. Good luck Rolo and you know you can count on me all the time.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what happened but the anonymous comment its me Willie.

Susana said...

This is a GREAT idea, Rolo. You would be really good at this and it a career that will carry you into the future.

Search