Wednesday, September 14

Is it me?


is it me?
Posted by Picasa

Is it me who is wrong about this? I don’t know if is me or what, but every time an issue comes out at work or something didn’t come out as we expected, I hear these words; is “ALL YOUR FAULT”. I was supposed to form a team of people and raise some money for a good cause. I did get a team, what I didn’t get was enough money. I know it sounds like I didn’t do a good job, BUT, (oh yeah a big but) it was one of my coworkers idea to get the registration money out of the money we get for special events. I agreed that it would be a good idea to just get the money from there, just pay registration and go. Sounds simple right? Well, not as much as I would’ve wanted it to. As soon as I talked to administration about it, they freaked out. The next thing I hear is; “I want you to make me a report why this was not a successful campaign”, “I want you to write down the steps saying why you failed”, and so on. I felt like I did a really bad job, but in the contrary, I have been doing this for the last five years and I know I have a pretty darn idea of what I’m doing. The only thing I’m going to have to do is improve communication with administration and of course plan better for a future event.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

You are a leader, and the Powers that Be, meaning your boss/supervisors trust you and your direction. Communication can be difficult at times. In the future you might want to make a game plan before presenting how you want to handle a situation. You did do a good job, for the one finger they pinted at you, four more pointed back at them. Can you see what this is saying?

Rolando R said...

yeah, i understand... and I agree with you. Like I said, I just need to improve communication with them...

Anonymous said...

Rolo:
It isn't only communication, but everyone is to work as TEAM - which means it is up to everyone to help make something successful.

Rolando R said...

That is true, and let me tell you that I didn't feel the support I though I was going to get... anyway, thanks for all the comments... :-)

Search