Thursday, August 16

Adriana G.


Time for more "Friends History" hehehe

Around three or four years ago I met this cool chick at my work place. She used to come and volunteer helping kids with homework from an after school program. At first I didn’t get the chance to talk to her that much or get to know her better but I knew she was cool, she seemed kind of relaxed and with good vibe. But the reason why I didn’t get closer to her back then, was because there used to be a “BRUJA” always with her (LOL)… So there was no more than a hello, goodbye, or the occasional joke between us.

After her volunteering on and off at work, and finishing with college, she recently got hired full time here and since then we have been able to get to know each other a LOT better, and oh man! It has been so freaking cool!

First of all, not only she reminds me of the family values in the US, but also every time I talk to her, I think about California, Los Lonely Boys, and Mexicans from Texas lol! She is super cool, and speaks kind of like a “Chicano” even though she claims not to be one (LOL) but now I have these words always in my mind thanks to her… “That’s so funny!” That’s so COOL!”, “That’s awesome!” “Yeah Dude” (LOL) or the fact that we can mix Spanish with English (Spanglish) really good (I know some people don’t like it, but get over it!) “yeah el VATO was really drunk” or “Dude I’m telling you we got to go get some comida porque I’m Hungry!” (hahaha oh man good times!) Anyways those are just some examples of the educational and work related conversations we have… (*cough* NOT! LOL!) But yeah I am happy that I have another significant person in my life that plays an important role in my Chicano education! Hehehe

Love ya AG!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad I entertain you that much, except im Mexican NOT Chicana!!! Ive learned alot about banda music and how to be a better Paisa from you too....LOL

Rolando R said...

That's SO NOT TRUE! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Rolix creĆ­ que yo era tu mejor amiga
(creo que estoy celosa)

Rocio

Search