Tuesday, January 10

Disappointed?

Maybe, but more than anything hurt. I felt like I was being left with a huge whole in my soul, body and mind (heck! and in my POCKET!) There are things that you can’t definitely have control over them. I just though that by doing everything “the right way” I would gain more than loose anything at all. I just lost one of my jobs and not in a very good kind of way (which is really sad) and even more after I had compliments about my performance (oh! You are very good at what you do! Oh, I have so much respect for what you do, and the way you handle our clients!) Well, where did all of that go?? I understand the system of the non-profit organizations world, and therefore I know that if there was a willing to give a hand, help, support someone, it would be possible for sure.
Now I know how cold administrators can be when they give you the bad news (your work with us is finished immediately!) is like those movies that when someone is receiving some kind of bad news, your brain starts to spin 1000 rpm trying to figure out what’s going to happen next?, what am I going to do?, where am I going to get another job?, and of course as I find it all natural, I though of asking for a letter of recommendation since my performance there was great (as I was told) but all I got was a “I have to ask about it” and “I’ll call you to let you know” to what until this moment hasn’t happen.
I don’t know, I can’t blame anyone about what happen, I knew it could happen some day, but it did where I though it wasn’t going to (so complicated right?) is just that I really believe in fighting for the rights of all human beings and I guess I was expecting them to get into this fight too, I guess they have so much to fight for ($$$) and no time to even look at this issue.
All I can say is that I am going to miss all of my co-workers-friends Terry, Erik, Susana, Jeff, Sanford, Jimmy, and Jill. To some of you I will see every now and then and to some maybe I wont see anymore but it was a real pleasure to work with you and to get to know you, thank you for all the experiences you brought to my life and for helping me grow as a person by getting exposed to your ideas and believes. Willie even if we are not going to be working together you know we will still see each other and now maybe even more, thanks for all your support.
I guess that is all I have to say about this and guys, you know how to reach me…
Victor, really thanks for being there for me, you made me feel a lot better, thanks for your kind words I love you...

To all of you I wish only the best… peace….!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rolo,

I am very sorry to hear this and also the way it happened. I wish you alot of luck and I really enjoyed working with you.

*hugs* you are a great guy, friend and co-worker. I am sure there will be an agency out there who would love to have you part of their team.

all the best *hugs*hugs*

Jeff

Rolando R said...

Thanks Jeff, you are so nice man!

Anonymous said...

Rolito!!!!!

Hola viejo... oye mal pedo eso de tu trabajo! Pero ps no te malvibres, más bien toma la oportunidad para encontrar nuevos retos y espacios para ti y la gente que está a tu alrededor. Lo chido de ello es que de seguro vendrán experiencias y gentes nuevas que seguirán llenando tu mundo de buenos momentos. Ojalá el recorte en lana no te pegue tanto :(

Por tanto reciba usted de mi parte un abrazototototototototototote y un besazo!! siempre los mejores deseos!

(Se ven tu y Vic más chikillos sin la barba)

Anonymous said...

Rolo,

I was so shocked to hear the news. I sent an e-mail to your other job to let you know that you were in my heart and thoughts. Terry told me about how to get to your site.

I want you to know that it has been a pleasure and honor to work with a man of your integrity. I have learned so much from you as well.

It had been many years since I worked in a space that I felt totally comfortable to be me and be greeting with smiles and laugh at a job.

I loved your hugs and they made my day each time saw you. I'm gonna miss that and you teaching me espanol when you had a chance.

With whatever you choose to do and whatever step you take do the with grace. Snatch the stage of life and sparkle from the inside out, papi!

Besos,

Sanford

Aometimes folks will never trully appreciate what they had until they loose it or they destroy a realationship.

Search